First of all, we’d like to give props to the amazing research on this by Newsarama Site Editor, Lucas Siegel. Awesome work, Mr. Siegel!
We’ve already predicted in a previous article that Skye might be an Inhuman. When Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige announced the Inhumans movie would be released in 2018, he also said, “You may find out where they fit into the MCU sooner than you think.” At that point, we were simply assuming that he meant the twins, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in the Avengers: Age of Ultron only to realize that the Inhumans might be revealed in a later episode of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. But we had no inkling that Feige might have meant next week.
Here’s what we know so far:
1. Skye’s dad knows a lot the Obelisk and he isn’t harmed by it when he touches it.
2. He has also shown superhuman abilities that he probably used in killing an entire town in China.
3. When Coulson was brought back to life after being given the GH-325 formula which came from the Kree, he started having crazy episodes of carving on walls. Skye, however, doesn’t seem to show any signs of this. She could either be a Kree, a half-Kree, or an Inhuman.
4. On the episode The Writing on the Wall, the Kree was declared “thousands of years old,” which is in line with the Kree visiting the Earth before and experimenting on humans who became the Inhumans.
5. Coulson’s carvings, the “tattoos” on the body of the Kree, as well as the symbols on the Obelisk are the same.
6. When they discovered that the symbols were a 3-D map, the image appeared to be a city which actually looks a lot like, you guessed it, Attilan, the home of the Inhumans.
All of these point to a very possible reveal of the Inhumans on next week’s episode from Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. It may be a partial reveal but it could a reveal nonetheless.
And, as Newsarama discovered, that
“Marvel Comics recently informed comic book Direct Market retailers they are shipping double the amount of copies ordered of next week's Inhuman #8 at no extra charge – a rare marketing initiative for the publisher. So why the relatively unprecedented freebies?”
And then they also added that,
“The issue goes on sale the day after the next episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Nov. 18), the first episode after discovering the map to a mystery city connected to the Kree, which also guest-stars Hayley Atwell as Agent Carter. See where we’re going with this?
For the record, the issue centers on Black Bolt, the currently deposed king of the Inhumans, and his brother Maximus the Mad.
At press time Marvel did not respond to inquiries as to why they are doubling retailer orders of Inhuman #8 for free.”
Interesting isn’t it? Marvel is probably expecting a spike in sales after next week’s episode. It could be that the reveal will be tied to the issue in some way that non-followers of Marvel Comics’ Inhuman title will consider buying issue #8.
Oh and one more thing. Based on this, our guess is, Maximus the Mad could very well be Skye’s father making her an Inhuman or a mixed human-inhuman assuming that her mom was a normal human.
Do you think we’re on to something? Will you be watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. next week? Let us know in the comments below!
You may also like to read our previous article: WATCH: GUARDIANS of the GALAXY Featurette Shows the Collector’s Museum